IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services (MAS) Industry Group plays an important role in supporting IFC’s strategic priorities, covering investments in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services (i.e. health and education plus tourism, retail and property) sectors. MAS’ sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers; addressing core needs, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue and stimulating growth. In IFC’s client countries, these sectors can account for as much as 80% of overall economic activity in a given country.
MAS ECA is seeking to recruit Associate/Investment Officer to work in IFC’s Kiev office. The positions will call for sourcing and executing new investment transactions in the Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Tourism/Retail/Property and Health/Education sectors in ECA with a particular focus but not limited to Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova, and for portfolio supervision.
Specific responsibilities will include assisting evaluation, structuring, negotiating and closing new transactions. He/ she will also assist in portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions, and in portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions
- Participate or lead negotiations as appropriate; use financial competences and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcome
- Work with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new or portfolio projects
- MBA or equivalent qualification
- 5+ years of experience in finance with a proven track-record in areas of sourcing, structuring and closing investments and/or supervising loan and equity exposures including working on restructurings, modifications and negotiated exits
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)
- Demonstrated knowledge of industries, industry trends and opportunities in the sub-region countries, and understanding of local issues
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client’s needs effectively
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as government officials
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian languages are required
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to mentor analysts/other more junior staff
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards
- Willingness to travel extensively
has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences
and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds
from around the globe.