Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
The Vice Presidency for Corporate Strategy and Resources (CSTVP) integrates Budget and Business Administration, Corporate Strategy, HR, Information and Technology functions under one umbrella to enable execution of IFC’s management and operational needs in the best way, bridging corporate strategy and delivery. Within CSTVP, Budget and Business Administration department (CBA) plays a pivotal role in allocating IFC scarce resources and aligning them to IFC 3.0 by leveraging budget as a management tool to mainstream the corporate strategy, creating profitability and efficiency metrics, improving the scorecard and overseeing procurement and facilities administration.
CBAEA is currently seeking a Budget & Finance Assistant to join CBA team in Bangkok office. The successful candidate will primarily support Finance Officer for the overall financial administration and accounting practice of Bangkok office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Assistant’s main tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
• Processing of vendor/staff payments and consultant reimbursements in E-Payables
• Regular reconciliation of Petty Cash (if available) & Imprest bank accounts
• Ensure that Imprest fund and petty cash are adequately funded at all time through regular monitoring and replenishment.
• Monthly review of expenses for accuracy and ensures timely corrections/adjustment of erroneous transactions.
• Performs regular reconciliation of cost center holding account (BF000111)
• Where applicable, monitor and process refund for VAT and other reimbursable taxes.
Monitoring & Reporting:
• TRS, in coordination with the TRS coordinator, ensure that staff record/enter their time in the TRS on timely manner.
• Monitor implementation of PCard, Event Card and staff Travel Card to ensure compliance to the institutional policies and guidelines
• Fixed assets, ensures that all asset procurements, disposals and reporting conform with WBG policies and procedures
• Preparation of monthly Imprest accounting report including bank reconciliation and clearance of SAP GL accounts
• Maintain strong controls to ensure a STRONG scorecard rating
• Providing ad-hoc reports at the request of management
Liaison and Knowledge sharing:
• Coordinate with GPP team for invoice processing, invoice query resolution, clearance of vendor open items.
• Liaison with Chennai office regarding Imprest/Payroll/SRS/Travel audit/Account Payable issues
• Providing expert advice and guidance to staff on accounting theory and practice, recommending solutions to various issues
• Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 2 years of financial management experience in corporate setting.
• Sound knowledge in financial accounting and reporting.
• Excellent communication and networking skills, fluency in English is essential.
• Ability to maintain collaborative work relations with all levels of staff.
• Strong commitment to team work and knowledge sharing is an essential attribute.
has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences
and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds
from around the globe.