Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
IFC’s Green Buildings Market Transformation Program (GBMTP) aims to catalyze a virtuous cycle of supply and demand for resource-efficient building construction and ownership. A main thrust of the GBMTP is to create a paradigm shift by setting a metrics-driven standard of what constitutes a green building, and to reward property developers for meeting these standards through IFC’s green building certification program called EDGE – (Excellent in Design for Greater Efficiencies). IFC works through third party certification providers to administer and confirm compliance with the EDGE standard.
IFC, together with its certification providers, works to educate the real estate market on the value of designing and certifying their buildings as green with the aim of promoting the rapid growth of the green building market. The GBMTP is currently active in Latin America and Caribbean (Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico and Peru), East Asia (China, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam), South Asia (India) and Africa (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa).
IFC’s Climate Business Department is seeking a Green Building Country Lead for Philippines to initiate, manage and implement marketing and sales strategies for EDGE in the Philippines. The objective for the chosen candidate will be to grow the volume of floor space certified with EDGE in the Philippines exponentially over the next 2 years by forging partnerships with local building professionals, investors, bankers, and public policy makers.
The position is based in Manila, Philippines, with the need for frequent national / international travel.
Role & Responsibilities:
To execute their tasks, the Green Building Country Lead for Philippines will work closely with the following staff based in Washington: the Regional Marketing Lead; the Global Marketing Lead; the Global Business Development Lead; and technical experts within the EDGE product team. The Green Building Country Lead for Philippines will report to the the Global Operations Manager through the Green Building Lead for East Asia.
1. Update and execute marketing and sales strategy for Philippines with the support and guidance of colleagues
• Evaluate, revise/create and execute EDGE marketing and sales plans targeting mainly direct EDGE clients (developers), and their investors / bankers.
• Evaluate effectiveness of marketing channels and tactics, brand positioning and awareness raising.
• Establish timelines, targets and budgets to deliver EDGE certification targets.
• Identify speaking opportunities and other representation at industry conferences, events and summits to increase visibility and lead generation.
• Devise talking points / pitches to ensure consistent and high-quality messaging and pitch EDGE certification to potential developer clients and their lenders / investors.
• Use digital outreach and email campaigns to enhance communication with existing clients and drive new business.
• Use client relationship management software to record meetings and plan follow-on tasks.
• Deliver introductory presentations on EDGE.
• Procure outside services to deliver EDGE related trainings.
• Deliver monthly marketing and sales progress reports to the Global Operations Manager.
2. Liaise with EDGE certification providers in the Philippines
• Establish strong working relationships with the three certification providers which serve the Philippines in order to hand over leads to them in a seamless manner and optimize the client’s experience.
• Trouble-shoot commercial relationship issues between clients and certification providers and refer technical questions from clients to the EDGE product team.
• Work with certification providers on the fine-tuning and articulation of pricing models and promotions.
3. Liaise with public sector policy makers and academia in the Philippines
• Establish relationships with government agencies covering construction, housing, and finance at national, regional and city level to explore options to improve the enabling environment for green building certification.
• Promote the adoption of IFC’s Introduction to Green Building Design course by local universities.
4. Manage the Philippines green building advisory services program
• Establish detailed country budget and action plan including activities and targets.
• Execute the action plan.
• Fulfill IFC monitoring and evaluation requirements.
• Advanced Degree in Architecture, Economics, Business, Marketing, or Sales with a minimum of 10 years of experience in finance / building sector / sales.
• Experience in real estate sector is a requirement.
• Experience in green building certification is a strong plus.
• Demonstrated track record in marketing and sales planning and execution.
• Demonstrated drive for results
• Ability to identify the necessary resources to deliver results and use them in a cost-effective way.
• Excellent management of multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate in written, visual or oral form with a variety of audiences including building professionals, financial intermediaries, academia, policy makers, and press.
• Ability to work effectively in teams which span time-zones and to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
• Strong command of English and Tagalog and an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, and persuasive style.
has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences
and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds
from around the globe.