Ethics Training Analyst
Ethics & Internal Justice Systems
|Term Duration: ||4 years 0 months|
Washington, DC,United States
3/27/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
Ethics and Business Conduct Unit
Alongside the Internal Justice Services units, the Ethics Business Conduct (EBC) Department is one of the two major departments comprising the Ethics and Internal Justices Vice-Presidency (EIJ VPU) of the World Bank Group. The EIJ VPU reinforces the WBG culture by integrating functions related to addressing concerns and grievances arising from non-compliance with Staff Rules and promoting our corporate values. The EIJ VPU will strengthen compliance by ensuring that Ethics Business Conduct (EBC) and the Internal Justice Services (IJS) better serve staff.
EBC promotes the development and application of ethical standards by all World Bank Group staff. To foster an ethical and value-based culture, EBC’s mandate includes the following key areas:
• Policies: Standard setting through the design and stewardship of ethical policies, practices, decisions, and behaviors; EBC is also responsible for defining the Core Values of the WBG and 2 for drafting the Code of Ethics, and the rules, procedures, and guidelines regarding ethical behaviors and conflicts of interest.
• Misconduct investigations: EBC reviews allegations of misconduct and carries out fact-finding investigations leading, when relevant, to a report to the People and Culture Vice President (PaC VP) who may on that basis, decide to impose sanctions on the staff who perpetrated misconduct
• Promoting best practices and developing ethics awareness: EBC cooperates with other international organizations, and with research or academic institutions to identify and promote best practices and to disseminate expertise, inside and outside the WBG, regarding the most current and prominent ethical issues.
• Advisory: Advising staff and institutional units by sharing ethics expertise, spotting trends, and providing counsel on conflicts of interest and compliance-related issues.
• Declarations of Interest Programs: EBC administers both the Senior Leaders program, with publication of key elements on the internet, and the confidential staff program whereby over 5,000 staff comply with the obligation to file.
• Training: EBC designs and delivers both facilitated and e-learning courses to promote adherence to the WBG Core Values and desirable behaviors, and to prevent conflicts of interest, harassment, sexual harassment, and other forms of misconduct or unacceptable behaviors
• Anti-Harassment Coordinator: EBC addresses inappropriate behaviors related to harassment or sexual harassment even when such behaviors do not rise to the level of misconduct or in the absence of sufficient evidence to prove misconduct
The EBC Strategic Plan 2022-25 is focusing on key priority areas, including:
• fostering prevention; including developing leader-specific training and new outreach offerings, such as a module on bystander interventions
• enhancing compliance; including developing a registry of outside activities and developing lessons learnt not only on the basis of misconduct or inappropriate conduct allegations but also on the basis of Advisory cases and discussions with Senior Leadership
• ensuring accountability; including identifying and addressing inappropriate management styles on the basis of allegations of harassment received by the AHC and enhancing the monitoring function that the AHC has implemented as a prevention mechanism against retaliation
• contributing to an ethical workplace culture, including through establishing permanent presence in regional hubs; and
• promoting excellence in EBC, including by developing data analytics and developing our relationships with external organizations.
EBC is seeking to recruit for the position of Ethics Training Analyst to work in the Advisory, Training and Values (ATV) Unit of EBC reporting to the Senior Knowledge Management Officer. The Ethics Training Analyst must have a proven record in researching, creating, and coordinating the delivery of training on unprofessional workplace conduct, harassment, sexual harassment, retaliation, discrimination, and conflicts of interest. The individual must also have demonstrable experience managing deliverables involving multiple stakeholders and reporting requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and overall guidance of the Senior Knowledge Management Officer, the Ethics Training Analyst will carry out the following duties and accountabilities.
• Lead the overall research and creation of ethics training content (workplace culture, values, conflicts of interests, unprofessional workplace conduct, retaliation, harassment, sexual harassment, bystander intervention, ethical leadership and general compliance topics)
• Conduct periodic gap analyses to identify areas of focus for client-driven training and outreach strategy
• Conceptualize, and carry out data analytics to measure the impact of training and outreach
• Create digital forms and workflows to streamline processes (e.g., MS Teams template form creation)
• Monitor course evaluation reports to identify trends and opportunities for continuous improvement
• Act as focal point for EBC staff members located in Country Offices, coordinating the scheduling of trainers and facilitators
• Coordinate the logistics of tasks before and during the course deliveries, ensuring close coordination with team-members and other relevant stakeholders
• Update and maintain relevant learning-related data within WBG systems, (e.g., EdCast)
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on training and outreach outcomes
• Prepare briefs, presentations, minutes and talking points
• Provide occasional travel and logistical support to country office missions and events
• Undertake special initiatives/projects and other ad-hoc assignments as needed
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following fields: ethics training, workplace investigations, corporate compliance, or a related field. Professional training and/ certification is desirable
• Demonstrated experience in ethics content creation including creative ways to deliver content such as infographics, videos, podcasts, posters, etc.
• Proven track record of using advanced MS excel or statistical packages, such as SPSS, R, Stata, etc. to generate insights
• Data analytics experience using data visualization software, such as PowerBI.
• Proven record of project management skills: Manages competing demands effectively, prioritizes work demands, manages multiple competing demands on a consistent basis
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate in a team and/or collaborate across departments.
• Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software, including advanced functions of WBG standard computer applications
• Certification(s) in Learning and/or Instructional Design
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Commitment to innovation: learning and adopting to find better ways of doing things
• Highest personal integrity and sound judgment with demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and respectful manner
• Respect and compassion for individuals and the WBG, its mission, objectives and values
• Commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, and sensitivity to the WBG’s distinctive demographic and cross-cultural context and influences
• Ability to work effectively in a team and build good work relations
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.