IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has established a program called the IFC Green Bond Technical Assistance Program (GB-TAP) to support the Green Bond Market Development. The GB-TAP objective is to create and accelerate the growth of the green bond asset class in emerging markets through broad market creation activities and targeted local capacity building such as training, research, dissemination of best practices and case studies.
Scope of work:
Contribute to project management and coordination activities in support of activities under Climate Business Department (CBD), with a focus on GB-TAP activities and annual impact reports. Working closely with the CBD team, the ETC is expected to perform a wide range of tasks which may include, but not limited to, the following:
• Actively contribute to the delivery of the facilitated Green, Social and Sustainability Bonds executive online training and other complimentary online trainings. The ETC will work closely with the team leader, IFC colleagues in the region and external partners such as ICMA (International Capital Market Association) to:
• Support recruitment of participants. Serve as the focal point for participants.
• Develop and update training agenda.
• Organize preparation calls with participants and manage participant’s registration and do follow up as necessary.
• Develop and monitor the training survey and contribute to its analysis.
• Keep track of participants attendance and online modules completion and help assess certification award.
• Work closely with ICMA IT team to ensure all training documents are updated and uploaded on the training platform
• Actively participate as faculty in the training by taking a leading role in workshops and serving as a facilitator in the Investor Pitch Competition
• Other task as required to ensure smooth delivery and optimal experience for all
• Coordinate Climate Business Department supported impact reports and publications, including Green Bond Impact Report, Amundi EGO Fund Impact Report, and REGIO Impact Report:
• Coordination of report process: draft table of contents, develop timelines, ensure timely and quality delivery of each report section, organize and coordinate exchanges across IFC and external partners, take minutes of relevant meetings
• Collect data and update databases: collect climate data from internal data sources and IFC project teams, maintain climate data databases (i.e., Green Bond eligible projects database), notify and provide information to project teams about eligibility of their project (Green Bond Report), coordinate exchanges with Treasury and other IFC departments
• Write report sections such as the Green Bond Technical Assistance Program section on Amundi EGO Fund Impact Report (program overview, key achievements, key figures, featured activity)
• Identify and suggest case studies for the reports
• Proofreading and quality control of draft reports, review project and climate data
• Communications Tasks:
• Lead GB-TAP Alumni Network: maintain and update alumni database, develop and share quarterly newsletter that includes relevant events, webinars, market updates, among others. Serve as the focal point for GB-TAP alumni.
• Redesign and update GB-TAP website. Develop promotional and educational materials for GB-TAP activities especially training and webpage content.
• Track, monitor and analyze key indicators such as for webinars participants/views, webpage visits.
• Take the lead working across IFC and external partners to support promotion of GB-TAP knowledge sharing events.
• Draft presentation materials for events, conferences, learning platforms, and other purposes as needed on sustainable finance and green, social and sustainability bond related themes
• Actively contribute to Climate Business Department research activities and other tasks as needed:
• Conduct research on best practices in impact reporting and relevant reports
• Monitor relevant news in the climate finance space
• Conduct research and analyze best practices and areas of improvements in Green, Social and Sustainability Frameworks and related themes
• Support Climate Business Department team in Paris Alignment implementation
• Support GB-TAP Program Reporting and Indicator Tracking:
• Support key semi-annual reports and presentation such as donors report, PSR and others as needed it. Contribute to program activities write ups and tracking development outcomes.
• Collaborate with other departments in IFC to assist in preparing reports as needed it.