|Term Duration: ||3 years 0 months|
Washington, DC,United States
12/6/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Corporate Secretariat (SEC) of the World Bank Group supports the Boards of Governors and the Executive Directors of the IBRD, IDA, IFC and MIGA, in executing their responsibilities. It is the key interlocutor between the Boards of Governors, the Executive Directors, the President and Senior Management, operational management, and staff of IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA, and ICSID. SEC's primary purpose is to facilitate strategic, effective and efficient interactions between the Board and Management to achieve the World Bank Group's overall mission of overcoming poverty and boosting shared prosperity.
To achieve its purpose, SEC is currently structured into two main units:
1. Policy and Operations: Responsible for managing the work program of the Board and Board Committees, facilitating efficient corporate decision-making, and communication and partnership between the Board and Management; 2. Corporate Affairs and Administration: a) provides administrative, budget, information management and IT support to SEC, the Executive Directors and certain other World Bank Group corporate offices; and b) manages the services associated with the Annual and Spring Meetings.
Success in this position requires interest in corporate governance, institutional and organizational policies and ability to develop approaches and procedures in these areas; judgment and finely-honed diplomatic skills; strong client and team orientation; being comfortable with a high degree of process-related work and able to grasp the connections between process and governance issues and switch gears rapidly when required.
SECVP is seeking to recruit a dynamic individual as an Analyst.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, he/she will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a three- year renewable term appointment.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Analyst will provide overall support to the SECVP Front Office in the following areas:
• Contribute to papers and reports by conducting research and contributing to SEC’s policies and practices relating to project cycles, Board operations, lending and non-lending operation.
• Have excellent communications skills including writing and editorial skills.
• Analyze and provide reports and feedback on various surveys, including WBG staff surveys by demonstrating basic understanding of operations and linkages with WBG and the Board.
• Provide relevant project management and support for events such as the Development Committee, contributing to Communique drafting, in line with policy issues and stakeholder priorities.
• Support design, preparation and execution of large evens such as the Spring and Annual Meetings, Board retreats and VPU Townhalls.
• Activities include coordinating logistics and technology, preparing materials, summary statements, designing event dynamics, contributing to post-event reports and/or surveys, among others.
• Coordinate logistics, draft invitations, and other communications; event designs, research speakers, draft talking points, and prepare contributions to post-event surveys, operational frameworks and associated briefings.
• Support design and production of marketing and communications products and materials by: drafting presentations with multimedia; editing and designing the SEC newsletter, pitching online features and interviews, providing input to talking points, draft emails and other products such as updates on SEC and Board websites.
• Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as assigned by the front office.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Economics, Finance, Law or a related discipline and at least 2 years of relevant experience (e.g., understanding of the Bank's operations and full range of Bank products and services, and knowledge of the Bank's operational policies and processes);
- Proven ability to analyze operational situations and determine creative approaches to add value to business process;
- Proven track record of streamlining and modernizing business practices;
- Project Management - Understands the fundamental concepts of project management, as they relate to the execution of tasks within a project;
- Experience working with senior staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills; ability to effectively interact with external and internal clients of all levels;
- Proven ability to work in teams and multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and take initiative.
-Adobe Photo shop and illustrator skills, and thorough competency in PowerPoint
• Lead and Innovate - Brings new and different insights.
• Deliver Results for Clients - Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Collaborates within team and across boundaries.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions - Leverages available data and makes timely decisions.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.