IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent. Led by the Vice President of Corporate Support, the IFC HR team delivers products and support that meet the business needs of IFC across the following areas: Client Services, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Employment Framework and Recruitment, Strategic Initiatives and Talent and Incentives.
We are looking for an Extended Term Temporary (ETT) to join a high performing and fast-paced team supporting IFC recruitment globally. The selected candidate will report to the Principal HR Officer, Employment Framework and Recruitment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Execute the full lifecycle of recruitment management process from job posting to candidates onboard
• Provide a high level of proactive, accurate, consistent and timely service to recruiters, HR Business Partners, hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process
• Maintain the integrity and objectivity of recruitment process within the framework of IFC and WBG policy and recruitment objectives
• Educate and communicate process steps to Hiring Managers and agree on hiring timelines
• Review candidate applications to formulate long-lists for hiring managers, with due attention to business requirements
• Follow up proactively with recruiters, HR Business Partners and hiring managers to track the recruitment status and manage the recruitment and appointment process, including posting vacancies, updating candidate status, administering recorded video interviews and assessments, liaising with candidates to gather required information, coordinating with HR Business Partners on the salary offer, issuing the appointment letter, coordinating with global mobility teams on benefits and relocation, initiating onboarding, and administering the background screening process
• Support the HR team with recruitment drives and batch hiring processes
• Assist recruiters to develop and maintain talent pipelines and candidate sourcing channels
• Strive to minimize time to fill vacancies and continuously seek opportunities to improve processes and communication to clients and candidates
• Adhere to timeline of the recruitment process, established recruitment metrics and quality control standards
• Support other employer branding, talent outreach and recruitment optimization projects as assigned by the Program Lead for Talent Attraction
• Back up other team members as assigned
• Post secondary studies in business, human resources or similar field and at least 6 years of experience handling high volume human resources transactions, including recruitments, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor’s degree is preferred)
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills, with the ability to provide clear and consistent communication, including preparing professional emails, reports, and presentations
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details
• Familiarity with recruitment and HR systems/software
• Excellent customer service skills and responsiveness
• Proven ability to manage multiple demanding clients from both inside and outside HR
• Ability to understand the needs of the business (hiring units) and the objectives of the HR department
• Initiative, resourcefulness and creativity in solving problems and getting tasks done
• Positive, open, collaborative, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to multi-task, deal with fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines, performance metrics
• Ability to deal sensitively with others (clients, colleagues, etc) in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work flexible shifts as required to meet time zone differences in an international organization
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.