IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s Controllers Department is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing IFC’s Financial Operations (loan, equity and short-term finance operations, and back-office treasury support operations), Financial Reporting (including reporting and analysis, portfolio review, investment accounting and accounting policy), Internal Controls, and Financial Systems, Integration and Projects. The Department comprises approximately 125 diverse and highly skilled staff, based in Washington DC, and Chennai.
The Treasury Support Operations Division (CNTTR) within IFC provides back-office and accounting services for all IFC Treasury activities. CNTTR is additionally responsible for processing all IFC cash transactions, Capital share accounting, and also provides operational support in the development of IFC Treasury’s new business initiatives and products. The CNTTR team is in Washington DC (HQ) and Chennai (India) and delivers its work program on a cross support basis. The team providing cross support interacts with colleagues in Washington on a day–to–day basis and ensures that the support operations are successfully delivered.
This position is based in HQ and reports to the Manager of CNTTR. This is a position that will support bank reconciliation, investigation, and accounting. The position requires working knowledge of treasury products, loans, equity, accounting, as well as proficiency in handling multiple systems, including Quantum (a cash system), Summit (a treasury system) and SWIFT (a payment and messaging system). The selected candidate will be required to work with various team functions, including the Chennai Office and become a fully functional team member within a short time frame. The position requires the ability to establish productive relationships with staff at all levels within the team and across various units of IFC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Analyst will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the group’s responsibilities as they relate to delivery of back-office and accounting functions for all IFC Treasury activities. Responsibilities will include the following:
• Perform timely and accurate bank reconciliation for all IFC cash accounts (operational and liquid asset-managed accounts) in accordance with established procedures.
• Allocate all cash payments and receipts to respective business products such as derivatives, fixed income, equity, loans, reimbursable, ad-hoc payments, etc.
• Report, investigate, and close out all unapplied funds in collaboration with IFC business units and correspondent banks.
• Perform overdraft reporting and bank charges analyses.
• Review all incoming SWIFT inquiries and take appropriate actions; respond to all inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with external clients, custodian, and correspondent banks; liaise with relationship officers to expedite resolution of settlement issues.
• Perform month-end closing process for IFC’s cash system.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of the cash system’s functionalities and handling of Static Data set up, Bank Account Maintenance, Matching rules, Table editor and mapping, Reports, etc.
• Actively participate in troubleshooting of technical issues, identifying process improvement and solutions.
• Assist with the preparation and analysis of various reports and metrics.
• Carry out Ad-hoc duties which may be assigned by team supervisor.