E T Consultant
|Term Duration: ||1 year 0 months|
Washington, DC,United States
8/12/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Green Buildings Market Transformation Program (GBMTP) aims to catalyze a virtuous cycle of supply and demand for resource-efficient building construction and ownership. A main thrust of the GBMTP is to create a paradigm shift by setting a metrics-driven standard of what constitutes a green building, and to reward property developers for meeting these standards through IFC’s green building certification program called EDGE – (Excellent in Design for Greater Efficiencies). IFC works through third party certification providers to administer and confirm compliance with the EDGE standard.
IFC, together with its certification providers, works to educate the real estate market on the value of designing and certifying their buildings as green with the aim of promoting the rapid growth of the green building market. The GBMTP is currently active in Latin America and Caribbean (Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Peru), East Asia (China, Indonesia, Philippines, and Vietnam), South Asia (India) and Africa (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa).
IFC’s Climate Business Department is seeking a Marketing & Strategy Specialist to help implement the worldwide marketing strategy for EDGE. The objective for the chosen candidate will be to raise awareness of EDGE and support business development efforts over the next 2 years amongst country-level, regional and global building professionals, investors, bankers, and public policy makers (Key Audiences). Additionally, the candidate will support the research, analytics, and donor reporting activities of the Market Accelerator for Green Construction (MAGC) program where necessary and exploit possible synergies with the activities of the EDGE team.
The position is based in Washington DC and may involve international travel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position will involve web content management, conference and event logistics, brand management, business development, client engagement, research, and measurement and analytics. To execute their tasks, the EDGE Marketing & Strategy Specialist will work closely with the following staff: the EDGE Marketing and Business Development Lead, the EDGE Digital Marketing Lead; the EDGE website specialist; MAGC research lead, EDGE country teams engaged in marketing, business development, and customer care and technical experts within the EDGE product team. The EDGE Marketing & Strategy Specialist will report to the EDGE Technical Lead.
Marketing & Branding
• Work with the regional teams in the customization of brochures, presentations, and other marketing content, ensuring consistency in design and messaging. Support the translation of customized materials.
• Write and send email campaigns, oversee email list management, and analyze open and click-through rates.
• Work with key vendors on processing requests for developing graphical website and social media assets, including videos, animated graphics, infographics, etc.
• Maintain a large repository of marketing materials, including a marketing manual, training materials, marketing plans, and photo archives.
• Strategic brand management, in terms of updating the key messages for each stakeholder, medium and country.
• Author /edit /quality control IFC content for language and brand guideline compliance and obtain all necessary clearances prior to publication. Content may include client testimonials, press releases, videos, among others.
• Quality control content and collateral developed by external certification providers as appropriate.
• Collaborate with IFC communications staff, raising their awareness and understanding of the EDGE green building certification messages and collaborating with them on clearance, publication and distribution of press releases and other content.
• Leverage IFC and World Bank communications teams to maximize internal and external content dissemination opportunities.
• Develop content for key IFC corporate publications with the support of colleagues.
• Support the design, planning and execution of EDGE events
• Track and analyze performance metrics of marketing and advertising activities across channels and platforms
• Interface with clients, certifiers, auditors, and EDGE experts to support cooperation, events, and business development activities
Web Content Management
• Support the development and maintenance of the EDGE website, including supervising content management, authoring project studies, and landing pages, editing copy for freshness and relevance, identifying photography, and tagging meta data
Analytics work & MAGC support
• Manage survey design and data collection for EDGE Expert Training, Design for Greater Efficiency (DFGE), and general EDGE events
• Lead analysis and presentation of results for quality management, budget allocation, and donor reporting purposes
• Support the MAGC Research Lead in the data collection, research, and analysis work for market maturity reports and stakeholder assessments
• MA or MS degree with a minimum of 6 years/ relevant work experience in marketing/ project management.
• Impeccable writing and editing skills.
• Strong project management / organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively manage internal and external consultants.
• Strong teamwork skills – excellent listening, oral and written communication, willingness to jump in and help others to execute a task or to acquire new communication and marketing skills
• Experience with MailChimp and WordPress is a plus.
• Experience in journalism or videography is a plus
• Experience in real estate or banking sector is a plus.
• Experience in green building certification is a plus.
• Additional language skills (particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese) are a plus.
• Demonstrated track record in writing and communications, with attention to detail and a focus on driving behavior change.
• Demonstrated drive for results
• Ability to identify and prioritize dissemination channels according to communications needs
• Excellent management of multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate in written, visual, or oral form with a variety of audiences including building professionals, financial intermediaries, academia, policy makers, and press.
• Ability to work effectively in teams which span time-zones and to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.