want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank
Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their
greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest
sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global
partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty,
increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189
member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and
private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data,
research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global
challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for
Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development
Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the
Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre
for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). IBRD and IDA are commonly
known as the World Bank.
Compliance Vice Presidency (CMP) of the IBRD, under the Vice President,
Compliance, is responsible for establishing and overseeing the World Bank’s
In May 2018, the World Bank Group (WBG) has
Under CMP, the World Bank created a new and uniform privacy framework
covering new and existing policies and procedures, as well as a uniform
privacy management strategy. CMP is recruiting a Compliance Officer to
support the Chief Data Privacy Officer and team in implementing the privacy
Duties & Accountabilities
The successful candidate
will report to the Chief Data Privacy Officer (CDPO) and perform tasks as
assigned by the CDPO or the Senior Compliance Officer. The primary responsibility of the
Compliance Officer will include:
- Independently coordinating with business units across the World Bank (WB) to educate and gather feedback on data privacy matters.
- Providing advice on privacy and data protection policy.
- Partnering with business units to develop a roadmap of programs designed to mitigate privacy risks and promoting a privacy and data-protection mindset.
- Help draft and/or edit Briefs, Talking points and speeches for Principals.
- Draft quarterly reports to the Board on the World Bank Privacy Program as well as draft and coordinate inputs from WBG institutions towards the Annual Report on the WBG Policy on Personal Data Privacy.
- Work closely with team to identify and prioritize research questions and research topics.
- Develop and design outreach, awareness building, knowledge event with internal and external audiences
- Work as part of the team to design, coordinate, implement Data Privacy Day
- Contribute towards webinars, Annual and Spring meeting events
- Carry out web-based research on data privacy topics. Review global features, platforms and initiatives to keep track of and provide practical risk mitigation strategies.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to diverse audiences.
- Monitoring and preparing reporting on business program issues and trends for the CDPO’s information and usage.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Must have 5 years of data privacy experience and a Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Must have strong command of English (oral and written) skills, analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
* Must be a self-starter, work with minimal supervision, with ability to navigate through a diverse cultural and dynamic environment.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.