Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s Operations Department (MIGOP) is seeking to recruit an Operations Officer who
will be responsible for Trust Fund management and Donor Coordination as well as
monitoring MIGA’s Trust Funded Advisory Services projects. The position is
based in Washington DC and will report to the Director for Finance &
Capital Markets, Energy, Extractives, and Climate.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Conduct market research and data analysis, and any other materials that needs to be developed to prepare business plans, concept notes, implementation plans, client presentations for MIGA’s new and existing Trust Funds, and perform tasks necessary for project proposals, review, appraisal and approval;
• Serve as an integral part of project teams and support Task Team Leaders (TTLs) in providing advice, implementation support and client relationship management;
• Working closely with the Partnerships team, ensure that donor funding for projects and related activities move smoothly through the cycles including compliance with WBG procedures and MIGA Internal systems and project governance;
• Prepare annual work plans and budgets for MIGA Trust Funds, for internal purposes, solicit specific proposals for use of trust funds from Operational Teams and work with Operational Teams to present the proposals to the TFC, ESM and PRC for approval;
• Oversee the day-to-day operations and business of MIGA Strategic Priority (MSP) Facility program for Donor and Trust Funded activities;
• Collaborate with MIGA’s Chief Strategy Officer and other relevant MIGA staff in preparing the materials needed for the Governance Council’s information, including periodical and consolidated annual progress reports on the MSP Facility, with a dedicated portion on strategy, development impact, performance, and additional funding requirements;
• Collaborate with sector, project, and regional leads to identify innovative opportunities across advisory service platforms and assure a strategic approach to supporting MIGA’s business growth in client and non-client countries;
• In liaison with the Governance Council, respond to adhoc information requests from internal and external parties including donors;
• Work in collaboration with MIGA’s Donor Partnership and fundraising teams as well as MIGA’s donor funded Project Teams to coordinate development partner engagement;
- Contribute to developing a cohesive fundraising and partnership strategy for implementing and supporting advisory services across MIGA;
- Ensure that fundraising initiatives with donor partners follow the governance process for fundraising;
- Ensure that key reports are delivered to donor partners and that MIGA operational teams understand partner needs, priorities, and requirements under the agreement;
• In collaboration with MIGA colleagues, support the MSP Facility Governing Council in maintaining partnership standards across MIGA through capacity building, training, and policies and procedures;
• Create and provide regular updates to the fundraising pipeline database and inputs to reports for Senior Management;
• Prepare regular reporting, as needed, for submitting to the donors for various facilities;
• Maintain close coordination and liaise with various partnership and counterparts at the World Bank units.
• MBA or Master’s degree in Development Studies, Law, Economics or International Business or related field, plus a minimum of 8 years’ experience in international development and private or public-sector fundraising and grant management;
• Good practical knowledge and experience of MIGA or World Bank Group’s donor funded operations;
• Knowledge of key development partner agency strategies, priorities, and structures, and demonstrated success in engaging and influencing key partners;
• Strong project management skills, ability to be flexible, to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, propose reliable solutions, and implement projects effectively and efficiently;
• Extensive knowledge of emerging markets finance and economic development and an understanding of issues related to investment insurance and foreign direct investment in emerging
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues;
• Strong team orientation, with ability to work effectively with a range of clients and colleagues including operational staff and senior management to deliver high quality work within deadlines and meeting business objectives;
• High degree of professional integrity, discretion, tact, and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, colleagues, and stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and knowledge of other languages like French and/or Spanish is a plus.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.