Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
The Legal Affairs and Claims Group in MIGA (known as “MIGLC”) serves as the legal counsel for MIGA, and provides legal advice relating to the governance, operations, and other activities of the Agency. Among its principal responsibilities, MIGLC advises MIGA’s Council of Governors, Board of Directors, and senior management. MIGLC takes the lead in negotiating and drafting contracts of guarantee, handles all claims proceedings, facilitates discussions between investors and governments related to disputes and potential claims. In addition, we provide support to all other internal departments on a variety of matters.
Program Assistant's duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will work with a team of lawyers, legal analyst and paralegal and will chip in to help with the smooth operation of the office in collaboration with the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Assist group of counsels with all word processing requirements, including formatting MIGA’s Contracts of Guarantee and other documents as requested.
- Review and proofread documents, identify issues and inconsistencies for additional review by lawyers.
- Serve as an information resource on status of projects/products (e.g., procurement, disbursement, audit, trust fund/co-financing, and legal issues) and drafts various standard project-related correspondence.
- Prepare first drafts of routine correspondence.
- Assist in maintaining institutional and working files.
- Screen incoming calls and respond to routine inquiries.
- Provide support for mission travel, knowledge management, special events, and general administrative tasks.
- Assist the with host country approval requests and membership matters.
- Coordinate with other units and frequent liaison with team members, regardless of location, and external counter parts.
- Provide back-up support to the Senior Executive Assistant with the General Counsel’s calendar scheduling of internal/external meeting. Prepare Board, Committee and briefing binders as · needed; respond to emails, phone calls and request regarding time and availability.
- Perform a full range of office support work within a team, a significant part of the job entails provision of some specialized support (e.g., database management, knowledge management, task management, major event/course planning, etc.).
- Assume tasks as determined by MIGLC’s work program and work as a team to support staff in the unit.
- HS diploma and 7 years of administrative support experience (preferably law firm experience) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced working skills in multiple computer software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Yammer, Zoom, OneDrive, adobe, SharePoint).
- Ability to implement diverse and intricate work procedures related to the timely processing and production of assigned outputs and supporting administrative activities.
- Ability to balance and effectively prioritize conflicting tasks to deliver high-quality output within a short timeline.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and to anticipate next steps.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading documents for accuracy and entering information accurately.
- Committed, dedicated team player with the ability to deal thoughtfully and effectively with challenges in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Good judgment and tact when handling critical issues.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.