IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity by Creating Markets, including in Low Income Countries and Fragile and Conflict Situations. This new strategy requires a shift in our approach to proactively create, deepen and expand markets and projects rather than waiting for clients to propose projects for IFC to finance. Working with clients, we will first seek private sector solutions to address development challenges, where such solutions are advisable and can be effective, and reserve public financing for projects only when other options are suboptimal. This strategy also relies on upstream work with Governments and the wider World Bank Group to enable private sector solutions and financing.
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is one of the major industry groups at IFC, responsible for managing roughly 40% of IFC’s overall business in terms of volume and capital at risk. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network.
The SME Finance Forum, which is part of the IFC Financial Institutions Group, works to expand access to finance for small and medium businesses. The Forum operates a global membership network that brings together financial institutions, technology companies, and development finance institutions to share knowledge, spur innovation, and promote the growth of SMEs. The Forum was established by the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion in 2012 and is managed by IFC.
The Forum is looking for an “extended term consultant” (ETC) to coordinate its membership network per the below roles and responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Membership Coordinator position will be reporting to the CEO and Head of Operations, and working closely with other team members the Membership Coordinator is required to perform the following tasks:
• Review the current membership database and database management practices to identify and recommend areas for improvements.
• Implement and ensure strict compliance with policies and procedures related to membership including conducting integrity due diligence, onboarding.
• Ensure complete, accurate and up-to-date membership database, including both existing and prospective members
• Monitor, maintain and store member engagement data for insights and strategic communications
• Recommend the assignment of RM for new members and ensure onboarding calls and all other aspects of the membership relationship management process, as determined by the CEO and Head of Operations, are organized in a timely manner
Membership management, including dues and fees:
• Responsible for timely preparation and issuance of invoices as well as collections of annual membership dues (both new and renewal) and other membership related fees to relevant member institutions.
• Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure accurate and up to date recording of payments.
• Serve as relationship manager for a number of member institutions as and when assigned.
• Lead monitoring of member engagement and report to the CEO, Head of Operations and the team on patterns observed, to assist in the continuous improvement of membership engagement strategy.
Other SME Finance Forum services:
• Support the team in delivering other duties including, but not limited to, organization of membership events/ conferences.
• Provide other relevant support as and when required.